CITSM 2020 will be hosted as a fully virtual conference this year, which will be held via the Zoom event platform. Your participation is central to the success of this type of a conference, and we are looking forward to working with you to make this experiment as successful, enjoyable, and valuable as we can. This message has details of the virtual conference format, and instructions on initial tasks we need you to complete.
Each paper will be given 20 minutes (15 minutes for presentation + 5 minutes for Q&A). At least one author must join the live virtual session to answer questions. Please carefully review the following guidelines and specifications before recording your presentation.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR RECORDING PRESENTATION
Recording should contain a prominent view of the presentation slides along with audio of the presenter. The recording may also contain a small headshot of the presenter. Many presentation software allows recording audio and video directly in the application and can export appropriate video files.
The presentation recording should:
- Be 15-minute in length
- Set for HD format (1280 x 720 or other “720p” setting)
- Use simple (Arial, Calibri) and large (30+) fonts
- Avoid using hi-res images
- Have NO embedded videos
- Saved as MPEG-4 (.mp4) file using the paper ID and Presenter last name as the file name. For example: “070_Khairani”.
- Maximum file size is 100 Mb
Tips for recording :
- Use as quiet an area as possible
- Avoid areas that have echo
- Rooms should be fairly small
- Sound dampening with carpeting, curtains, furniture
- Good headset with microphone close to mouth BUT away from direct line of mouth to reduce “pops”. Avoid using default built-in microphone on computer.
- Do a test recording of a couple of minutes and review the sound and picture quality, MP4 format, and bitrate before recording the entire presentation. Make adjustments if needed.
Please be sure to review your recorded presentation prior to submission. Once you are happy with the final product, then please upload it to the CITSM Recording Submission.
Our recommended approach to record a compatible video from content displayed on your computer screen and voice recorded via the computer microphone, is to record the presentation using Zoom, available to users on most platforms and in most countries:
Instructions for recording your presentation with Zoom: https://ieeetv.ieee.org/mobile/video/recording-your-presentation-with-zoom
The deadline to submit your recording presentation is October 1, 2020.
As a reminder, videos that are not received by the deadline will be considered no-shows in accordance with the IEEE ComSoc non-presented paper policy.
We look forward to making CITSM 2020 a success within this virtual conference format. We thank you for your cooperation in this endeavor.